The Republican elites think the rules don’t apply to them. The Trump family refuses to pay its fair share.
President Donald Trump’s daughter, Ivanka Trump, is facing legal issues over unpaid taxes in the state of New York. Ivanka reportedly owes the government more than $5,000 related to one of her businesses, “Ivanka Trump Fine Jewelry.”
Ivanka keeps getting more and more bad news. Just last year, her business lost a $3 million dollar lawsuit, and companies across the country are dropping her products, as Daily Mail reports:
- New York State has filed a tax warrant against Ivanka Trump Fine Jewelry accusing her Manhattan store of failing to pay over $5,000 in taxes
- In the past month, major retail chains including Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus have dropped Ivanka’s line from their websites and stores
- Even before Donald Trump became president, Ivanka’s jewelry company faced legal and financial troubles
- In March 2016, the New York Supreme Court ordered her company to pay over $3 million to KGK Jewelry over a breach of contract dispute
- The current lien against Ivanka is still active and has not yet been paid off
A long list of major retailers around the country have said in the past few weeks that they won’t do business with any of the Trump brands, including Ivanka’s clothing and merchandise.
All the controversy is hitting the Trump family where it hurts them most – their wallets.